[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] NTSC for VGA monitors

coil@fibula.eng.ohio-state.edu (Stacy D Coil) (07/17/90)

>>In article <90179.132151YTHPRGDB@MTUS5.BITNET>, YTHPRGDB@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>>> Does anybody know of a monitor that will allow me to use VGA graphics
>>> and also accept composite input (as from a VCR)?  I'd like to be able

>Misubishi make a series of monitors that can accept VGA and NTSC composite
>inputs.  They are called the "Diamond Scan, or Diamond Vision or somesuch".
<Stuff Deleted>
>John Pasik

At the computer lab that I work in, we are putting in a room with 386 machines
with VGA monitors.  We also have NTSC video installed to each station.  Is
there a box that would convert NTSC compatable video into something that the
VGA monitors can understand? It will be used for demonstation purposes and the
students can switch the VGA monitors from the workstation to the video input.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Stacy D. Coil

The Interactive Graphics Laboratory