[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Micro Generation Computers

rose@malibu.sedd.trw.com (08/01/90)

I have recently noticed the review of the Gateway 2000, and I was wondering
if anyone knew anything about the Micro Generation brand.  They seem to be a
fairly big outfit with locations in NYC, LA, and New Jersey.  The computers
are very competitively priced.

To compare the Gateway 2000 386SX to the Micro Generation:

   Each come with virtually identical equipment
     1) 2 MB RAM
     2) 1.2 & 1.44 MB Floppy Drives
     3) 1024x768 VGA Monitor and Card
     4) 65 MB Hard disk (Gateway 28ms, MG 20 ms)
     5) DOS 3.3 or 4.01

Gateway comes with Windows 3.0 and there on brand of On Site Service
MG comes with TRW On Site Service.

virtually identical

Price  MG - $1999
       GW - $2195

Fairly close price.

For the 386/33 they are similarly equiped except that GW has a 150 MB HD and
MG has a 100 MB HD.

Price  MG - $3499
       GW - $3995

Any comments

Marc

mlord@bwdls58.bnr.ca (Mark Lord) (08/01/90)

In article <429.26b5bae5@malibu.sedd.trw.com> rose@malibu.sedd.trw.com writes:

>I have recently noticed the review of the Gateway 2000, and I was wondering
>if anyone knew anything about the Micro Generation brand.  They seem to be a

I am using a 386sx from them to type this in.

Avoid them like the plague.  My system did not work on arrival,
although I did manage to fix it (no thanks to them).  Their sales
droids are nice and professional, but the backroom service folks
are horrible.. can barely speak English, let alone diagnose a problem.
--
| ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh724!mlord | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |