[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] VGA pinouts

coil@ilium.eng.ohio-state.edu (Stacy D Coil) (07/27/90)

Hello,

	Could someone e-mail me the spec's on the VGA pinout and on the signal
for a multisync monitor.  I would like to try to make a box that convert a
NTSC signal into a signal compatable for a Multisync monitor.  If any one knows
of such beast, please let me know.

Stacy Coil
coil@igl1.eng.ohio-stat.edu

rick@wet.UUCP (Rick Rutledge) (08/04/90)

<coil@ilium.eng.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>Hello,
>NTSC signal into a signal compatable for a Multisync monitor.  If any one knows
>of such beast, please let me know.

A number of manufacturers offer such or similar devices.  Most of them exist
in the form of a video adaptor which has NTSC IN, NTSC OUT, and VGA OUT.
Most of them are accompanied with or designed for software that allows you
to do any or all of the following:

	Save VGA images to videotape (such as animation or `slide shows`)
	Display NTSC video on VGA
	Freeze NTSC images as VGA screen shots
	Synchronize VGA and NTSC signals so that images can be integrated
		or chromakeyed

and so forth.  Unfortunately, I do not have a manufacturer's name in my
head, as it's been nearly a year since I did any research on this.  (I had a
client who wanted to create a database in dos which included screen images
as a data field, and he needed to use a video camera to take the pictures.
There is, in fact, a dBase add-on which will allow this.)  If you have a
local computer dealer who has a (what, two-years-old now?) back issue of the
PC Tech Journal Annual Directory, you could probably get the names of half a
dozen vendors or more.

Good luck.

>Stacy Coil
>coil@igl1.eng.ohio-stat.edu

Rick Rutledge        {hoptoad|ucsfcca|claris}!wet!rick            rick@wet.UUCP
"Voici le secret." dit le renard.  "On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.
L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux." -Antoine de St. Exupery, _le Petit Prince_