[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Dot Matrix Printer Recommendations

wdarden@nrtc.nrtc.northrop.com (Bill Darden <wdarden>) (08/08/90)

Hi all,

I need to buy a new good quality dot matrix printer for around $300
or less and I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

BiLL.....

cy5@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Conway Yee) (08/09/90)

In article <8762@gremlin.nrtc.northrop.com> wdarden@nrtc.nrtc.northrop.com (Bill Darden <wdarden>) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>I need to buy a new good quality dot matrix printer for around $300
>or less and I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Every year (during the latter part of the year, I forget exactly), PC
magazine does a comprehensive review of printers.  You could go find last
years or wait until next years.

Personally, I am not a big fan of PC magazine.  I have  a suspicion that
they are a bit biased in facvor of their advertisers.  Notice how often
they publish bad reviews of any product.  At worst, they are neutral.
You can't possibly convince me that nearly all products are at least
decent.

				Conway Yee, N2JWQ