[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Clone BIOS

Robert.Berry@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) (08/10/90)

My vote would be for the AMI BIOS.  I really don't know that much about
the technical side--I suppose the code might be more efficient on some than
on others--but to me, one of the most apparent things is that the AMI BIOS
seems to go through its POST faster.  Of course, you can abort it with Esc
if you want.

Also, the AMI has a nice SETUP built in.  I don't know whether this is the
case with Phoenix and Award.

darcy@druid.uucp (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) (08/12/90)

In article <777@beguine.UUCP> Robert.Berry@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) writes:
>My vote would be for the AMI BIOS.  I really don't know that much about
>the technical side--I suppose the code might be more efficient on some than
>on others--but to me, one of the most apparent things is that the AMI BIOS
>seems to go through its POST faster.  Of course, you can abort it with Esc
>if you want.

Faster POST is not necessarily better.  Some POSTs are slower because they
perform more stringent testing.  Of course you can't assume it is better
because it is slower either.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy@druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   MS-DOS:  The Andrew Dice Clay