[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Phone number for EVEREX ?

mlord@bwdls58.UUCP (Mark Lord) (08/17/90)

Do any of you enthusiastic owners/retailers of EVEREX products
have a phone number for the company?  I have to contact a technical
support type of persone to determine the correct jumper settings
for an Everex 1:1 MFM controller.

Please email or post.

Thanks.
--
 ___Mark S. Lord__________________________________________
| ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh724!mlord | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |

mjoseph@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Mark Joseph) (08/17/90)

In article <3938@bwdls58.UUCP> mlord@bwdls58.UUCP (Mark Lord) writes:
>Do any of you enthusiastic owners/retailers of EVEREX products
>have a phone number for the company?  I have to contact a technical
>support type of persone to determine the correct jumper settings
>for an Everex 1:1 MFM controller.

Everex
48431 Milmont Drive
Fremont, CA 94538
1-800-821-0806
1-415-498-1111
(FAX) 1-415-651-0728

mark joseph
m-joseph@uiuc.edu

price@chakra.unl.edu (Chad Price) (08/17/90)

In <3938@bwdls58.UUCP> mlord@bwdls58.UUCP (Mark Lord) writes:

>Do any of you enthusiastic owners/retailers of EVEREX products
>have a phone number for the company?  I have to contact a technical

They have an 800 number which will get your the actual (ie you pay)
technical support number. Just call 800-555-1212 & ask for the Everex
number.

I spent 45 minutes on my phone bill to finally get a Return
authorization for a part I already knew was non-functional (a parallel
port on a Magic I/O card).

Chad Price
price@fergvax.unl.edu

vas@cbnewsi.att.com (vassilios.d.vassiliadis) (08/17/90)

In article <3938@bwdls58.UUCP> mlord@bwdls58.UUCP (Mark Lord) writes:
>Do any of you enthusiastic owners/retailers of EVEREX products
>have a phone number for the company?  I have to contact a technical
>support type of persone to determine the correct jumper settings
>for an Everex 1:1 MFM controller.
>
>Please email or post.
>
>Thanks.
>--
> ___Mark S. Lord__________________________________________

EVEREX's Technical Support number is: 415-498-1115
(That's the number you get when you call their 800-821-0806 # )
Be prepared to PAY for the call. You'll probably be on hold for
several (and I mean SEVERAL!) minutes... Also, try to get as many
details as you can and give them all the info you can about your
system; otherwise you might end up calling them back for not getting
the correct info in the first place (believe me, it happens! :-))

   Vas

.-----------------------------------------------------------------.
|  Vassilios D. Vassiliadis |  ^   ^  | They say: "Money Talks",  |
|     att!homxa!vas4	    |  o | o  |	 but all mine says is:	  |
|  AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel  |	_^_   |	     "GOODBYE!!!"	  |
|      New Jersey, USA	    |  /===\  |*******************VAS*****|
|  Everything you read is my terminal's opinion; it has		  |
|  nothing to do with me or my company.........................	  |
`-----------------------------------------------------------------'

lhv@philpav.UUCP (Leo H.Vermeulen) (08/18/90)

In article <3938@bwdls58.UUCP>, mlord@bwdls58.UUCP (Mark Lord) writes:
> Do any of you enthusiastic owners/retailers of EVEREX products
> have a phone number for the company?  I have to contact a technical
> support type of persone to determine the correct jumper settings
> for an Everex 1:1 MFM controller.
>
>  ___Mark S. Lord__________________________________________
> | ..uunet!bnrgate!bmerh724!mlord | Climb Free Or Die (NH) |
> | Ottawa, Ontario.  613-763-7482 | Personal views only.   |

Here is the number I called to get technical assistance with an Everex
Viewpoint VGA card:
	415 - 498 1111  and another
	415 - 498 1115  and yet another
	415 - 683 3394

The first is, I believe, their exchange operator. The last number is
the desk telephone of one of their technical support persons. The last
time I called any of these numbers was mid April.

Now don't start calling all at the same time ! :-)

--
Leo Vermeulen, Philips TDS, Stockholm, Sweden            |   This is no       |