[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Pinouts for DEC LA50 to IBM AT

srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Scott R. Myers) (08/21/90)

Can someone mail me the Pinouts for the DEC LA50 printer to an AT DB9
serial port.  Thanx in advance...

srm
--

				Scott R. Myers

Snail:	26 Stiles Street			Phone:(201)882-3100
        Apartment 18
	Elizabeth, NJ 07201

Arpa:	srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu			Uucp: ..!dimacs!srm

		"... No matter where you go, there you are ..."

robin@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Robin Amano) (08/22/90)

In article <Aug.20.23.10.42.1990.6971@dimacs.rutgers.edu> srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Scott R. Myers) writes:

>Can someone mail me the Pinouts for the DEC LA50 printer to an AT DB9
>serial port.  Thanx in advance...

The pinouts for and IBM AT is:

      1  DCD
      2  RXD
      3  TXD
      4  DTR
      5  SG
      6  DSR
      7  RTS
      8  CTS
      9  RI

I don't know the exact pinouts for the DEC LA50, but since it's a printer it
must be a DTE so depending on the strappings on your serial card, or software
you could probably just use four wires:

         IBM               DEC

        2  RXD  --------  2  TXD
        3  TXD  --------  3  RXD
        4  DTR  --------  20 DTR
        5  SG   --------  7  SG

That's if your using hardware handshaking with DTR, if you are using xon/xoff
all you need to use is rxd,txd, and sg.  Oh, that's assuming the Dec is using
a db25/RS232.