[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] What Math Coproc. chip should I use for 16/20Mhz 80286 machine?

bach@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Baskaran Subramaniam) (08/17/90)

In our lab we are thinking of buying an 80286/16 or 20Mhz machine.  We want
to use an 80287 chip in this machine.  What speed chip should I get?
Is an 80287-12 chip ok? Is there any better chip available?

thanks,

Baskaran.

aceverj@accucx.cc.ruu.nl (Jaap Verhage) (08/23/90)

In article <6845@vax1.acs.udel.EDU> bach@vax1.udel.edu (Baskaran Subramaniam) writes:
>In our lab we are thinking of buying an 80286/16 or 20Mhz machine.  We want
>to use an 80287 chip in this machine.  What speed chip should I get?
>Is an 80287-12 chip ok? Is there any better chip available?
That depends on the speed your machine runs it's coprocessor
socket. See my previous posting about this (should be rather
close to this one).
---

Regards, Jaap.

Jaap Verhage, Academic Computer Centre, State University at Utrecht, Holland.
aceverj@cc.ruu.nl     +<-*|*->+     I claim *every*thing and speak for myself