[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Salesthings [was - PC

dmt@pegasus.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) (08/25/90)

In article <1990Aug24.194929.25595@mcs.anl.gov> winans@sirius.mcs.anl.gov (John Winans) writes:

>A different "scan" huh??  I always thought the word was protocol.  Mr. IBM
>local dealer is correct in that it is different, but "scan" is the term I'd
>expect from a car salesoid...
>
>(insert your favorite flame here)

Thanks.  I'd love to:

Q	What's the difference between a computer salesoid and a
	used-car salesoid.

A	The used-car salesthing KNOWS when he/she is lying.

Dave

ergo@netcom.UUCP (Isaac Rabinovitch) (08/27/90)

In <5002@pegasus.ATT.COM> dmt@pegasus.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) writes:

>Q	What's the difference between a computer salesoid and a
>	used-car salesoid.

>A	The used-car salesthing KNOWS when he/she is lying.
Also, a used-car salesoid knows how to *operate* what he's selling!
--

ergo@netcom.uucp			Isaac Rabinovitch
atina!pyramid!apple!netcom!ergo		Silicon Valley, CA

Disclaimer:  I am what I am, and that's all what I am!