[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] External power switch OK?

rogers@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Bob Rogers) (08/29/90)

I've seen ads for "power control centers", boxes that sit under the PC's
monitor and provide surge protection and several power switches.  Is
leaving the PC and monitor switches "on" and using such an external switch
to control them bad for the system?
--
----
Bob Rogers                         rogers@stpaul.ncr.com

ralphs@halcyon.wa.com (Ralph Sims) (08/30/90)

rogers@npdiss1.StPaul.NCR.COM (Bob Rogers) writes:

> I've seen ads for "power control centers", boxes that sit under the PC's
> monitor and provide surge protection and several power switches.  Is
> leaving the PC and monitor switches "on" and using such an external switch
> to control them bad for the system?

No.

--
  No matter who you elect, the Government still gets in.