[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] wd1003-wa2 info needed

chiang@phecda.crd.ge.com (kenneth h chiang) (08/27/90)

i have a western digital controller (wd1003-wa2, as marked on the board), but
am missing the documentation necessary to reconfigure the card.  if anyone has
the manual, a copy of the manual, jumper settings, or the address of western
digital, i'd appreciate if they would send email.

thanks.

ken chiang (chiang@sol.crd.ge.com)

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (08/29/90)

chiang@phecda.crd.ge.com (kenneth h chiang) writes:

>i have a western digital controller (wd1003-wa2, as marked on the board), but
>am missing the documentation necessary to reconfigure the card.  if anyone has
>the manual, a copy of the manual, jumper settings, or the address of western
>digital, i'd appreciate if they would send email.

	This is an older MFM drive supporting, I believe, 3:1 interleave.
	WD is usually good about sending out manuals, but this one may
	no longer be available.

	Western Digital
	2445 McCabe Way
	Irvine, CA  92714	Tech support: (800) 832-8176

dlou@dino.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (08/30/90)

In article <45@raysnec.UUCP > shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:
 >chiang@phecda.crd.ge.com (kenneth h chiang) writes:
 >
 >>i have a western digital controller (wd1003-wa2, as marked on the board), but
 >>am missing the documentation necessary to reconfigure the card.  if anyone has
 >>the manual, a copy of the manual, jumper settings, or the address of western
 >>digital, i'd appreciate if they would send email.
 >	This is an older MFM drive supporting, I believe, 3:1 interleave.
 >	WD is usually good about sending out manuals, but this one may
 >	no longer be available.

I believe the manuals may be downloaded from simtel20....
--
Dennis Lou                Disclaimer: I don't use lame disks.
dlou@dino.ucsd.edu         "But Yossarian, what if everyone thought that way?"