[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Monitor with 220V /120V switch

nbladt@aut.UUCP (Norbert Bladt) (09/21/90)

gaspo@ds1.scri.fsu.edu (Scott Gasparian) writes:

>Greetings all!!

[Text deleted]

>Problem is, it HAS to have the 120/220 selectable power supply.

[More text deleted]

>IOW, mines a piece of crap, and I can't take it with me to
>Switzerland.
[Even more text deleted]

>Thanks!!
>--gaspo.

I think, you have two choices (at least):

1. You can buy a transformer 220V to 110V (why do you need 120 ?)
   in Switzerland (I think, about 100 sFr. which is about 70 US$)
or

2. As you suggested, buy a monitor in the states. They are VERY expensive here !
   The last one is perhaps better, because it will save you money for the
   transformer and protect your eyes, if you buy at least a 14" inch monitor.

Norbert Bladt.
--
Please use this path as return address. DON'T USE THE RETURN PATH IN THE HEADER
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland