[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] EGA and VGA monitor?

km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) (09/20/90)

Does anyone make a monitor that will work with both EGA and VGA cards?
Our EGA monitor is apparently dead, and I would rather replace it with
a monitor that could be used for VGA if we ever invest in a new card
or move it to something else.

--
Ken Mandelberg      | km@mathcs.emory.edu          PREFERRED
Emory University    | {rutgers,gatech}!emory!km    UUCP

ron@woan (Ronald S. Woan) (09/21/90)

In article <1990Sep20.081129@mathcs.emory.edu>, km@mathcs.emory.edu
(Ken Mandelberg) writes:
Ken> Does anyone make a monitor that will work with both EGA and VGA cards?
Ken> Our EGA monitor is apparently dead, and I would rather replace it with
Ken> a monitor that could be used for VGA if we ever invest in a new card
Ken> or move it to something else.

The Mitsubishi AUM-1381 Diamond Scan monitor has both analog and
digital inputs. In fact, I used it with an EGA card for months before
upgrading to VGA.

					Ron

PS TRW service for these monitors leave much to be desired though (two
week turnaround).

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan@peyote.cactus.org or woan@austin.iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

In article <1990Sep20.081129@mathcs.emory.edu> km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
| Does anyone make a monitor that will work with both EGA and VGA cards?

  Any multisyncing monitor will do this. I move the one here between
sixhub and toybox regularly, running mono, CGA, EGA, VGA, SVGA. You need
a monitor with multisycing and a switch for analog or digital signal. I
would also buy one of those neat little 9 to 15 pin adaptors at the same
time.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX