[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] HELP -- Parity errors on a micronics board

kislik@boole.seas.ucla.edu (Maxim Kislik/;093090;csugrad) (09/24/90)

I have a 2 year old 386-20 Micronics board.
Recently I started getting a "Ram parity error on segment 0000".
I tried a few diagnostic programs (QAplus and Checkit) and none of them
could locate any bad memory chips.  They showed that my machine is fine!
Any ideas as to what can be wrong?  The errors occur intermittently.

Max.

ill@uni-paderborn.de (Markus Illenseer) (09/25/90)

kislik@boole.seas.ucla.edu (Maxim Kislik/;093090;csugrad) writes:

>I have a 2 year old 386-20 Micronics board.
>Recently I started getting a "Ram parity error on segment 0000".
>I tried a few diagnostic programs (QAplus and Checkit) and none of them
>could locate any bad memory chips.  They showed that my machine is fine!
>Any ideas as to what can be wrong?  The errors occur intermittently.

>Max.
I asked the german distributor for this board ( I worked there for a while),
and they told me, that this could be ram-card. Mostly, the Chips (TTL) are going
to be mad. Try any other RAm-card if possible. Otherwise it could be the ram
itself. Try to drop until 1 MB then change all DRAMs until you found the mad
bad one. Hope this helps you a bit. CU, Markus
   Markus Illenseer                I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid, I can't do that.
     4790 Paderborn ,United Germany           Email: ill@uni-paderborn.de