[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need info on C2 motherboard

scotte@applix.com (Scott Evernden) (09/27/90)

In article <1990Sep26.142011.29910@news.clarkson.edu> caram@sun.soe.clarkson.edu () writes:
>I am interested in getting a C2 (C squared) Microsystems Motherboard.
>
>Has anybody bought a motherboard from this manufacturer ? If so what
>is your opinion about it ?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>R. Caram

I'd like to hear about this and other motherboards which people have some
experience with.  I'm thinking about moving up to 33MHz via a motherboard
change, and I'm trying to collect information on reliability, compatibility,
and prices (i.e., good deals).  I'll want to do MSDOS/UNIX/OS2.  I've read
the April BYTE review on 25MHz boards, and I saw the article in UNIX World
about a roll-yer-own workstation.

I know that some of the better(?) names are micronics, ami, mylex, dtk,
others.  I'm seeing prices from 1 to 1.7 k$ for 33MHz.  I'm interested in
learning more...

-scott