[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need info on voice synthesizers

depolo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeff DePolo) (09/26/90)

I need to find out manufacturers, specs, and opinions on voice synthesizer
boards for PC's.  I've played around with some software-only packages,
but none of them produce the sound quality I need.  I'd like to
find a board that comes with some sort of library routines, preferably
C, for controlling the board, or as a last resort, some sort of
TSR driver.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

								--- Jeff
Jeff DePolo  N3HBZ             Twisted Pair: (215) 386-7199
depolo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu    RF: 146.685- 442.70+ 144.455s (Philadelphia)
University of Pennsylvania     Carrier Pigeon: 420 S. 42nd St. Phila PA 19104

kilmer@hq.af.mil (09/27/90)

In <30133@netnews.upenn.edu> depolo@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Jeff DePolo) writes:

>I need to find out manufacturers, specs, and opinions on voice synthesizer
>boards for PC's.  I've played around with some software-only packages,
>but none of them produce the sound quality I need.  I'd like to
>find a board that comes with some sort of library routines, preferably
>C, for controlling the board, or as a last resort, some sort of
>TSR driver.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

								--- Jeff
I just came to this group to ask the same question.  There is one
voice box that creates GREAT voice, a DEC DECTalk box, but it's
$4,000.00+, a little steep for what I would like to do with it.
If any else out there has any good ideas, or experience in this
arena, please post a follow up article

Thanks --

Richard
--