[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] AMI BIOS questions

gordons@ashtate (Gordon Storga) (09/27/90)

Forgive me if this has been asked recently.

A few months ago I purchased a mini 286 m/board from JDR Electronics.  It
has AMI BIOS (which is working fine).  A friend of mine just recently
purchased a 286 m/board with what is apparently a newer version of the AMI
BIOS.  His has an optional diagnostics, mine only has the CMOS SETUP
option.

How can I get in touch with AMI (I can't find and address and JDR is next
to useless) and how much can I expect to be charged for the newer version?

email response is fine, but I think others might be interested.

Thanks
Gordon

dorsai@pawl.rpi.edu (G. Donald Moncreaff) (09/27/90)

In article <1286@ashton.UUCP> gordons@ashton.UUCP (Gordon Storga) writes:

>How can I get in touch with AMI (I can't find and address and JDR is next
>to useless) and how much can I expect to be charged for the newer version?

 have the same question, am running ami 386sx bios (ver 1.?) and a friend
just got a 386dx-25 with ami bios 1.5. his bios had extended cmos setup
built in but mine require that i run a seperate utility. can i upgrade
to a newer version of the bios or am i stuck to the current config?

--
respectfully yours,
                                                Gregory D. Moncreaff

mra@srchtec.UUCP (Michael Almond) (09/27/90)

In article <?{M%-=_@rpi.edu> dorsai@pawl.rpi.edu (G. Donald Moncreaff) writes:
>In article <1286@ashton.UUCP> gordons@ashton.UUCP (Gordon Storga) writes:
>>
>>How can I get in touch with AMI (I can't find and address and JDR is next
>>to useless) and how much can I expect to be charged for the newer version?
>>
> have the same question, am running ami 386sx bios (ver 1.?) and a friend
>just got a 386dx-25 with ami bios 1.5. his bios had extended cmos setup
>built in but mine require that i run a seperate utility. can i upgrade
>to a newer version of the bios or am i stuck to the current config?

	There is a company in New York, I don't recall the name, that sells
both AMI motherboards and BIOS's. There number is:

	716-248-3627

	You'll need some part number information when you call, so be
prepared to read numbers off your chips.

---
Michael R. Almond                                 mra@srchtec.uucp (registered)
search technology, inc.                           emory.edu!stiatl!srchtec!mra
Atlanta, Georgia                                  (404) 441-1457 (office)

carl@p4tustin.UUCP (Carl W. Bergerson) (09/28/90)

American Megatrends, Inc
1346 Oakbrook Drive
Suite 120