[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Disk specs

jim@cs.vu.nl (Jim van Keulen) (09/30/90)

I have a Western Digital hard disk, type WD582R.  I don't have documentation
of this drive.  Can anybody supply me with the specs of this drive?

Thanks,

Jim van Keulen
Vrije Universiteit
Amsterdam

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (10/01/90)

In article <7790@star.cs.vu.nl> jim@cs.vu.nl (Jim van Keulen) writes:
>I have a Western Digital hard disk, type WD582R.  I don't have documentation
>of this drive.  Can anybody supply me with the specs of this drive?

I see quite a lot of messages like these asking about hard
disk information. There is a good collection of information
about HD specs in a file called THEREF40.ZIP. This is
available for anonymous ftp (and mail server) here in Vaasa,
Finland (128.214.12.3) and it is located in pc/doc dir.
--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ================================
  P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland  (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)

brim@cbmvax.commodore.com (Mike Brim - Product Assurance) (10/02/90)

In article <7790@star.cs.vu.nl> jim@cs.vu.nl (Jim van Keulen) writes:
> I have a Western Digital hard disk, type WD582R.  I don't have documentation
> of this drive.  Can anybody supply me with the specs of this drive?

cyc = 782
heads = 2
sectors = 26
cap = 20megs
Disclaimer: My company knows not what I say (or do).

Mike Brim			     |	Commodore Electronics Limited
PC Analyst - System Evaluation Group | 	West Chester, PA 19380
Product Assurance		     |	InterNet: brim@cbmvax.commodore.com