[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Real Sound

miket@mars.cs.umbc.edu (Mike Taube) (10/02/90)

I recently got a game that takes advantage of a new technology called REAL
SOUND. It basically gives sound effects (over that little PC speaker)
that'll knock your socks off! And for those of us who can't afford AdLibs
and SoundBlasters...

I heard from a friend that in some of the packages, the software companies
include a little sheet that gives a (very simple) schematic of how you could
connect your PC speaker leads into the LINE INPUT of an amplifier. This,
according to the sheet, will give your PC sound effects INCREDIBLE CLARITY
and volume, compared to what we're used to.

Does anybody have a copy of that schematic, and if so, could it be posted
(maybe in scanned form, or just described in a posting)?? I'd like to give
it a try....

Thanks!

Mike Taube
---------------
MikeT@umbc2.bitnet      MikeT@cs.umbc.edu       ....!uunet!umbc3!miket

rcosj@chudich.co.rmit.oz (John Simmons) (10/04/90)

miket@mars.cs.umbc.edu (Mike Taube) writes:

>I recently got a game that takes advantage of a new technology called REAL
>SOUND. It basically gives sound effects (over that little PC speaker)
>that'll knock your socks off! And for those of us who can't afford AdLibs
>and SoundBlasters...

Please post any replies as I'm sure there will be a few of us
interested to read about this!

John Simmons (VK3KJG) Ph. 660 2619	Royal Melbourne Institute of Tech.
                      Fax 662 1060      (Victoria University of Technology)
					PO Box 2476V
ACSnet: rcosj@chudich.co.rmit.oz        Melbourne  3001  Australia
CSNET:	rcosj@chudich.co.rmit.oz.aus
ARPA:	rcosj%chudich.co.rmit.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
BITNET:	rcosj%chudich.co.rmit.oz.au@CSNET-RELAY
UUCP:	...!uunet!munnari!chudich.co.rmit.oz.au!rcosj

k34338f@kaira.hut.fi (Esa Pekkarinen) (10/09/90)

In article <4057@umbc3.UMBC.EDU> miket@mars.cs.umbc.edu.UUCP (Mike Taube) writes:
>I recently got a game that takes advantage of a new technology called REAL
>SOUND. It basically gives sound effects (over that little PC speaker)
>Does anybody have a copy of that schematic, and if so, could it be posted
>(maybe in scanned form, or just described in a posting)?? I'd like to give
>it a try....

You only have to connect (+) side of 4.7 uf capasitor to one of the wires
going to your computer's speaker and the (-) side to the center conductor
of the cable going to your aplifier.Then connect the shielded portion of the
same cable cable to the metal case (ground) of your computer. Then turn
your amplifier on and enjoy the game. If it doesn't work yet, use the
another PC speaker wire

				Cheers,
Esa Pekkarinen (alias Pekkis)          You really got me honey,         ()))))
pekkis@otax.tky.hut.fi                  keep my motor running             (o  )
k34338f@kaira.hut.fi                                          (Killer)    C_ ?)
- See 'The KILLER' live - and die -                                       !_/