[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] VGA monitor

msmith%albion.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Matthew Smith) (10/12/90)

In article <1990Oct10.132808.23491@cbnewsi.att.com> dmk@cbnewsi.att.com (daniel.m.kuster..jr) writes:

>Greetings all,
>
>I'm currently looking for an SVGA monitor
>to go with an ATI VGA Wonder 512k video card.
>I want to run Windows 3.0 in 800x600 resolution.
>I would like the capability of running in 1024x768,
>but I probably won't use it initially.
>Does anyone have any suggestions for a good performing,
>reliable SVGA monitor?  I've been considering the following:
>
>	Goldstar 1460
>
>	Seiko 1440
>
>	Samsung (????)
>
>If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would really
>appreciate hearing them.

My friend is running that card with the same configuration with a NEC
MultiSync 2A monitor, and runs Windows 3.0 with no problems that I have
ever heard of, but I do know something about running 3.0 in > 640x480 mode,
you need the OEM disk for your card with the specs on it for 3.0 to know how
to work things.  It doesn't have anything that high by default, because there
really is no standard for the higher resolutions.

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Dan Kuster
>dmk@lcuxlf.ATT.COM

You're welcome!