[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Hardware question

wahl-e@mummy.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lonewolf) (10/19/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware
Subject: Help with West. Dig. Card

I have a Western Digital card, unfortunately I don't know anything about it.
If anyone knows the type, # of drives, which (floppy&hard, etc..)
I woould appreciate any replies through mail.

(copyright sign)1985 WDC    WD1003-WA2

Thanks in advance, 			Ed Wahl

--
"Better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt."
 -Abraham Lincoln       "Any Mac,Any Time,Anywhere!"-Me

ESR@SLACVM.BITNET (Ed Russell) (10/20/90)

>From: wahl-e@mummy.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lonewolf)
>Subject: Hardware question
>Date: 19 Oct 90 06:15:22 GMT
>Sender: news@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
>
>I have a Western Digital card, unfortunately I don't know anything about it.
>If anyone knows the type, # of drives, which (floppy&hard, etc..)
>I woould appreciate any replies through mail.
>

>(copyright sign)1985 WDC    WD1003-WA2

I don't have the information here at work with me but I believe that is the
same model I have in my 1986 vintage 286 AT clone.  If so, it is the "standard"
AT HD controller used then and handles 2 HDs and 2 FDs.  I think I wrote to
WD several years ago for info on the board and may have it buried in a file
somewhere with info on jumper settings, etc.