[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Does there exist a good graphics board?

hemphill@amongst.caltech.edu (Scott Hemphill) (10/19/90)

I am looking for a high resolution graphics board with 16 million colors,
i.e. 24 bits of memory per pixel.  I am familiar with the one made by
Number Nine--it has a screen resolution of 480x512.  I am looking for one
which is 768x1024, or preferably, 1024x1280.  Does anyone know if such a
beast exists?

ssingh@watserv1.waterloo.edu (The Sanj - ISman (iceman)) (10/21/90)

In article <1990Oct19.155901.27695@nntp-server.caltech.edu> hemphill@amongst.caltech.edu (Scott Hemphill) writes:
>I am looking for a high resolution graphics board with 16 million colors,
>i.e. 24 bits of memory per pixel.  I am familiar with the one made by
>Number Nine--it has a screen resolution of 480x512.  I am looking for one
>which is 768x1024, or preferably, 1024x1280.  Does anyone know if such a
>beast exists?

I know of one, the TMS 34010. Dig deep into your wallet...

BTW the TMS 34020 is the board that displays the graphics for NARC (1988
Williams).

Try reading CADENCE, magazine for ads about graphics coprocessor boards.

--
"No one had the guts... until now..." -New Anti-Repression Convert (NARC)
|-NARCotic $anjay [+] $ingh	ssingh@watserv1.[u]waterloo.{edu|cdn}/[ca] -|