[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Panasonic 1624 drivers for Windows 3: Anyone got'em?

jbjones@marlin.NOSC.MIL (John B. Jones) (10/23/90)

I've found out some unfortunate news.  Panasonic has no drivers for
Windows 3.0, and from what microsoft said, doesn't plan to make any.
The 1624 emulates a type of Epson, but there are no windows3 drivers for
that printer either.  What this ultimately means is that a major printer
from a major company doesn't know that a major Software package exists.
If you plan to buy a wide carriage 24 pin and you're going to use a
windows related program, I advise against the Panasonic KP-X1624.

I'd love to be wrong on this however.  Has anyone seen such a printer
driver?  My first born son is negotiable over this. :-)

john
jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil

nbladt@aut.UUCP (Norbert Bladt) (10/24/90)

jbjones@marlin.NOSC.MIL (John B. Jones) writes:

>I've found out some unfortunate news.  Panasonic has no drivers for
>Windows 3.0, and from what microsoft said, doesn't plan to make any.
>The 1624 emulates a type of Epson, but there are no windows3 drivers for
>that printer either.  What this ultimately means is that a major printer
That is not true.

>from a major company doesn't know that a major Software package exists.
dto.

>If you plan to buy a wide carriage 24 pin and you're going to use a
>windows related program, I advise against the Panasonic KP-X1624.
Should be a good printer, at least with my experience with the KX-P1124.

>I'd love to be wrong on this however.  Has anyone seen such a printer
>driver?  My first born son is negotiable over this. :-)
Be careful with your words !
There is a EPSON LQ-2500 driver in Win3.0 which I use.
It doesn't support all the fonts for the printer, but
at least I can print nice pictures and text with it. You should use this
driver, too, I would guess.

>john
>jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil

Norbert Bladt.
--
Please use this path as return address. DON'T USE THE RETURN PATH IN THE HEADER
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland

dorsai@aix03.aix.rpi.edu (G. Donald Moncreaff) (10/25/90)

all panasonic dot-matrix printers emulate either epson or ibm. should be the
same for lasers as well. read your manuel, pick an emulation mode and
select the windows driver that coresponds to that mode...
--
respectfully yours,
                                                Gregory D. Moncreaff