[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] 33MHZ - 386's

msb88@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bhuller MS) (10/21/90)

 I'm thinking of getting a 33MHZ 386 bundle, but i'm not really sure
what company i should get it from. I need a cheap, reliable company to
buy from. Have any of you been satisfied with a company to date?

Macros.

jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie (10/23/90)

In article <786@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, msb88@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bhuller MS) writes:
>  I'm thinking of getting a 33MHZ 386 bundle, but i'm not really sure
> what company i should get it from. I need a cheap, reliable company to
> buy from. Have any of you been satisfied with a company to date?

I've gotton an Elonex 386 running at 33MHz and have had no problems
with it. You'll get a system with 150Meg HD, 1.44Meg 3.5" floppy,
colour VGA, etc... for about #2000. There is a good add by them in
this months Computer Shopper. It's certainly worth checking out.
I've found Elonex machines to be the cheapest, but still of very
high quality.
   John.
					   jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie@cunyvm.cuny.edu
    3rd Year Computer Science                     jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie
     Trinity College Dublin.                      jagrogan@unix1.tcd.ie
                                                  jagrogan@tcdmath.uucp
	"I haven't lost my mind.....I'm sure it's backed up here somewhere!"

gargulak@mozart.convex.com (Tom Gargulak) (10/24/90)

In article <7093.272413ad@vax1.tcd.ie>, jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie writes:

> I've gotton an Elonex 386 running at 33MHz and have had no problems
> with it. You'll get a system with 150Meg HD, 1.44Meg 3.5" floppy,
> colour VGA, etc... for about #2000. There is a good add by them in
> this months Computer Shopper. It's certainly worth checking out.
> I've found Elonex machines to be the cheapest, but still of very
> high quality.
>    John.

Wow!  Can anyone beat this?

Any other info on this company?

-Tom

jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie (10/25/90)

In article <107583@convex.convex.com>, gargulak@mozart.convex.com (Tom Gargulak) writes:
> In article <7093.272413ad@vax1.tcd.ie>, jagrogan@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
>>
>> I've gotton an Elonex 386 running at 33MHz and have had no problems
>> with it. You'll get a system with 150Meg HD, 1.44Meg 3.5" floppy,
>> colour VGA, etc... for about #2000. There is a good add by them in
>> this months Computer Shopper. It's certainly worth checking out.
>> I've found Elonex machines to be the cheapest, but still of very
>> high quality.
>>    John.

I've had so  many inquires about this, mainly from e-mail that I decided
to post another article giving as much info. as I have.
Elonex have a full page ad in Novembers Computer Shopper (page 35).
Apologies, but the price I gave was for the 25MHz version not the 33Mhz, but
the other specs. are the same. They appear to be an English company - but maybe
they're a Taiwanese group that just set up a European office in England - how
else could they get the motherboards so cheaply :-)
They have the following offices:
LONDON:
	Elonex plc., 2 Apsley Way, London NW2 7HF
	FAX 	      : 081-452-6422
	SALES         : 081-452-4444
	Tech. Support : 081-450-6262

NORTHERN ENGLAND:
	Elonex plc., 7-9 Campus Road, Listerhills Science Park, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1HR
	FAX : (0274) 307294
	TEL : (0274) 307226

IRELAND:
	ERS Computers, Merchants Court, 24 Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
	FAX : 01-6791728
	TEL : 01-6797774
	      01-6797775

BELGIUM:
	Marktect (Benelux), SA Route Provinciale 224, Bte 7, B-1301 Wavre (Bierges), Belgium.
	FAX : 10-41 45 96
	TEL : 10-41 42 26

All of their machines are EISA based. All 386 or higher machines, come with
DOS 4.01 and Windows 3.0.