[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need advice to buy a modem

KTK-VK@finou.oulu.fi (Vesa Komulainen) (11/01/90)

We are thinking of buying a modem direct from the US. Can anyone tell me
anything about your experiences of the two MNP5 modems ATI2400 ETC/I and
Practical Peripherals 2400 (internal).

Vesa Komulainen
University of Oulu, Faculty of Education
FINLAND

jcburt@ipsun.larc.nasa.gov (John Burton) (11/03/90)

In article <90305.143557KTK-VK@finou.oulu.fi> KTK-VK@finou.oulu.fi (Vesa Komulainen) writes:
>We are thinking of buying a modem direct from the US. Can anyone tell me
>anything about your experiences of the two MNP5 modems ATI2400 ETC/I and
>Practical Peripherals 2400 (internal).
>
>Vesa Komulainen
>University of Oulu, Faculty of Education
>FINLAND

I've used the ATI 2400 etc/i for about 2 years now...I've never had
any problems with it and I was impressed by the quality of the
workmanship of the board. For the price, I think  its one of the best
buys available.

John Burton
(jcburt@cs.wm.edu)
(jcburt@ipsun.larc.nasa.gov)