[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Question on Adlib, Sound Blaster, Roland, etc

mwm@raybed2.msd.ray.com (mwm) (11/02/90)

Hopefully someone can help me,  I'm looking for some info on
any of the mentioned sound cards,  in particular what are their
capabilities for doing voice recognition, voice synthesis, MIDI,
and general sound quality.

I have not had any luck finding any literature comparing any of
the boards.  An Infotrak search said that there was an article
in April 90 issue of Compute!  Did anyone read it, and if so
what did it say.

Thanks for you help.
Mark

--
*Mark Marino             * The old ranger weathered the storm and he topped the
*mwm@raybed6.msd.ray.com * rise by the middle of morn.  He saw rippled dunes,

KOHLER@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (11/03/90)

Has anyone purchased the MIDI option on the Sound Blaster? More specifically,
can anyone tell me if the MIDI interface is fully MPU-401 compatible. I
already have a CMS-401 MIDI card and CAKEWALK software, and I would like to
know if the software will be useable w/ the Sound Blaster MIDI option, or
should I save my money???

Thanks, in advance for any light you can shed...

wbonner@eecs.wsu.edu (Wim Bonner) (11/03/90)

In article <1870@raybed2.msd.ray.com> mwm@raybed2.msd.ray.com (mwm) writes:
>Hopefully someone can help me,  I'm looking for some info on
>any of the mentioned sound cards,  in particular what are their

Well, the latest issue of PC Computing had a small article talking about
sound boards in relation to playing games and music.  It didn't give
too much coverage though, and wasn't much of a review, basicly just a list
of the most popular cards and which they thought was the best buy.

Wim.
--
wbonner@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu
27313853@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu