[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] AT<=>ImageWrite2 connection?

fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) (11/14/90)

Looking for any and all information about connecting an IBM AT
class machine to an Apple ImageWriter II serial printer.  Cable
pinouts (DB25 - 8 pin circular), software tricks, etc.
--

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov13.221835.18190@infonode.ingr.com>, fordke@infonode.ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) writes:

> Looking for any and all information about connecting an IBM AT
> class machine to an Apple ImageWriter II serial printer.  Cable
> pinouts (DB25 - 8 pin circular), software tricks, etc.

This cable connection worked for us.  The DB-25F is a Macintosh modem cable,
which connects the 8-DIN to a DB-25 connector.

         AT Serial   Imagewriter II
          DB-9F          DB-25F
            2              3
            3              2
            4              20
            5              7
        8 - 6              6 - 5
            7              4

Yeah, I know; the signal matchups look strange.  It works, though!
Eric
--
Eric Sheppard      Georgia Tech    |   "Of course the US Constitution isn't
Atlanta, GA                        | perfect; but it's a lot better than what