[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] 2400 Baud/V.42bis

stretch@EMUNIX.EMICH.EDU (Brian Stretch) (11/21/90)

I'm looking for the best price on a new 2400 baud MNP5/V.42bis _external_
modem.  Currently, that looks like the Supra 2400 Plus ($155 from Roger
Coats).  Does anyone know of a better price on this or a similar modem?
     ---Brian Stretch (stretch@emunix.emich.edu)

jcburt@ipsun.larc.nasa.gov (John Burton) (11/21/90)

In article <9011202211.AA03174@emunix.emich.edu> stretch@EMUNIX.EMICH.EDU (Brian Stretch) writes:
>I'm looking for the best price on a new 2400 baud MNP5/V.42bis _external_
>modem.  Currently, that looks like the Supra 2400 Plus ($155 from Roger
>Coats).  Does anyone know of a better price on this or a similar modem?
>     ---Brian Stretch (stretch@emunix.emich.edu)

I seem to recall an ad in the most recent edition of BYTE mag. for
an ATI 2400etc modem (which is MNP5/V.42bis) for about $120. I'm not
sure  if that price was for the internal or external version. I have
been  *extremely* happy with the ATI 2400etc internal modem i purchased
a couple of years ago, unfortunately at that time it only had MNP5, not
V.42bis. The modem itself was very well made and has a clean, professional,
finished look to it.

John Burton
(jcburt@cs.wm.edu)
(jcburt@ipsun.larc.nasa.gov)