[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Wells American?

v071pzp4@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Craig L Cole) (11/20/90)

Does anyone know whatever happened to Wells American Corp?

I bought their Compu-Star System a while back and have learned
that they stopped "all production, sales and service" of their
entire computer line.

Naturally, this p****d me off. I got no notice from them. I had
to find out from PC Computing Magazine which happened to run an
article on orphan computers.

PC Computing said that Wells American "mysteriously" closed their
doors. I take this to mean they weren't bankrupt.

I wrote them once, but never got a reply. Any info on what the h*ll
they're doing would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Cole
V071PZP4@UBVMS.BITNET
V071PZP4@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU

fr@icdi10.UUCP (Fred Rump from home) (11/24/90)

v071pzp4@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Craig L Cole) writes:

>Does anyone know whatever happened to Wells American Corp?

>I bought their Compu-Star System a while back and have learned
>that they stopped "all production, sales and service" of their
>entire computer line.

Looks like the Wells brothers did it again.

I suppose you could have asked this net about the company "before" you bought
hardware from them. I've been warning people about the company whenever asked
an opinion.

>PC Computing said that Wells American "mysteriously" closed their
>doors. I take this to mean they weren't bankrupt.

INTERTEC computers was one of their earlier CPM and MPM line. They did the
same thing in simply stopping all support one day. The wells boys had gone
public and banked many, many millions so they could afford to 'retire' until
they saw another opportunity with Wells American 'wierd' hardware.

Capitalism in its glory, I guess.

Fred

>I wrote them once, but never got a reply. Any info on what the h*ll
>they're doing would be greatly appreciated.

I would simply write it off to experience and stay with standards from now on.
Any other clone box would have been a better choice from that direction.

>Craig Cole

Fred

--
Fred Rump 	Secrets of success: When you're due somewhere, BE THERE ...
26 Warren St.   	        domain:      fred@icdi10.COMPU.COM