[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Need advice on Okidata OL400 laser printer

a523@mindlink.UUCP (Frank Murray) (11/25/90)

> tt3x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1990Nov25.111141.1159@vax5.cit.cornell.edu>
>

>        I was wondering if anyone had good advice
> on Okidata's OL400 laser printer.  Basically, how much
> would it cost for new toner, how is the quality of the
> print, how well does it work, how's the reputation
> and support of Okidata, and so forth...  If anyone
> has this printer, I would greatly appreciate any
> advice you might have.   Also, how much does it
> cost to upgrade mry?
>
> Bobby Li
> tt3x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

I have been using a OK OL400 for about one month now... it it great!
In Canada the toner costs $49.00 CDN ( about $42.00 US ).  The OL400 itself
cost under $1000.00 CDN ($ 850.00 US).  The OL400 emulates either the HP Series
II printer or the Okidata Laserline 6/12.  The memory upgrade board (houses 2
megs, comes with 1 meg) costs $ 499.00 CDN ($ 420.00 US).  I have been using
the OL400 with my 386 (9.5 megs RAM) and Windows 3.0 with ATM.  The results are
fantastic.

Frank Murray
--
Frank Murray   |   a523@MindLink.UUCP