[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] WANTED: 32 bit memory board info!

guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) (12/03/90)

Hi netland!  I'm looking for a 32 bit memory board for my i386 pc.
The motherboard is by FUJIKAMA (uck!) and they don't seem to want
to make these memory boards anymore.  I don't need any memory, but
if anybody has an extra board lying around...

IF ANYBODY HAS A CARD THAT MATCHES THESE PINOUTS, PLEASE TELL ME
WHERE YOU GOT IT AND WHO MAKES IT!!!!!!!!!  I'm trying to get more
memory, and I want to avoid having to buy a new i386 motherboard
(or i486 ;-).

Firstly, the slot looks like 2 8-bit connectors butted together.
Thus, it can accept an 8-bit board or a 32 bit one.  The overall
slot is slightly longer than a typical 16-bit slot.

Pinouts:

I/O	SIGNAL	B SIDE	A SIDE	SIGNAL	I/O

O	MA0	F1	E1	/LBE0	O
O	MA1	F2	E2	/LBE1	O
O	MA2	F3	E3	/LBE2	O
O	MA3	F4	E4	/LBE3	O
O	MA4	F5	E5	MD0	I/O
O	MA5	F6	E6	MD1	I/O
O	MA6	F7	E7	MD2	I/O
O	MA7	F8	E8	MD3	I/O
O	MA8	F9	E9	MD4	I/O
O	MA9	F10	E10	MD5	I/O
O	/RAS0	F11	E11	MD6	I/O
O	/RAS1	F12	E12	MD7	I/O
O	/RAS2	F13	E13	MD8	I/O
O	/RAS3	F14	E14	MD9	I/O
O	/CAS0	F15	E15	MD10	I/O
O	/CAS1	F16	E16	MD11	I/O
O	/CAS2	F17	E17	MD12	I/O
O	/CAS3	F18	E18	MD13	I/O
O	/DWE	F19	E19	MD14	I/O
O	MP0	F20	E20	MD15	I/O
O	MP1	F21	E21	MD16	I/O
O	MP2	F22	E22	MD17	I/O
O	MP3	F23	E23	MD18	I/O
I/O	MD24	F24	E24	MD19	I/O
I/O	MD25	F25	E25	MD20	I/O
I/O	MD26	F26	E26	MD21	I/O
I/O	MD27	F27	E27	MD22	I/O
I/O	MD28	F28	E28	MD23	I/O
I/O	MD29	F29	E29	+5V	-
I/O	MD30	F30	E30	N.C.	-
I/O	MD31	F31	E31	GND	-

--
Guy Lemieux          ENG SCI                          University of Toronto
guy@contact.uucp      9 T 2      Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering

asamonte@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Alex R. Samonte) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec2.195126.2549@contact.uucp> guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) writes:

>Hi netland!  I'm looking for a 32 bit memory board for my i386 pc.
>The motherboard is by FUJIKAMA (uck!) and they don't seem to want

Well, I have a KAypro 386 model A.  It also uses a 32 bit memory board
but the pinouts are different.  I called Kaypro about getting my hands on
one of these boards, but they said that they didn't make them.
They referenced me to Intel (the makers of the memory board)
Though I can't seem to find their number at the moment, You might want to
call them, they might happen to make the board too.

p.s.  If anyone has any other info where I might get a 32 bit memory board for
my Kaypro 386, send me some mail!

johnl@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (John R. Levine) (12/04/90)

In article <275b12ba.20ef@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> you write:
>In article <1990Dec2.195126.2549@contact.uucp> guy@contact.uucp (Guy Lemieux) writes:
>>Hi netland!  I'm looking for a 32 bit memory board for my i386 pc.
>>The motherboard is by FUJIKAMA ...
>Well, I have a KAypro 386 model A. ...

If your machine has an Intel motherboard, call up this outfit and see if they
have a board to fit.  I got an 8MB board for my Intel 302, the 25MHz 386
model, which is quite satisfactory.  It's about half the price of the Intel
board, has a lifetime guarantee, and their support is excellent.
No personal financial interest, etc.

Micro Memory
9540 Vassar Ave
Chatsworth CA 91311-4141