[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Hardware for PC to use Appletalk...

jeffmu@microsoft.UUCP (Jeff MUZZY) (12/05/90)

Sorry for the cross posting but wasn't sure which hardware group
would have the right answer.

I am looking for a MCA (Micro Channel) board.  I want my PS/2 to
print to Laserwriters on our AppleTalk network. It would be
nice if I could share files on AppleShare server. Our building
is wired with phone-net. Does any one have any ideas of boards
which will work.

Thanks,
Jeff Muzzy

--
jeffmu@microsoft.UUCP  or {uw-beaver|uunet}!microsoft!jeffmu
Work Group Apps

bmug@garnet.berkeley.edu (BMUG) (12/06/90)

In article <59560@microsoft.UUCP> jeffmu@microsoft.UUCP (Jeff MUZZY) writes:
>I am looking for a MCA (Micro Channel) board.  I want my PS/2 to
>print to Laserwriters on our AppleTalk network. It would be
>nice if I could share files on AppleShare server. Our building
>is wired with phone-net. Does any one have any ideas of boards
>which will work.

Daystar Digital (of Flowery Branch, GA) produces an MCA AppleTalk card
which reportedly works quite well, and is compatible with PC AppleShare.
Daystar usually has ads in MacUser and MacWEEK.

It's conceivable that Farallon will be producing similar cards in the
future (from a recent article in MacWEEK), but it sounds like the sender
wants one right away :-).

John Heckendorn
                                                             /\
BMUG                      ARPA: bmug@garnet.berkeley.EDU    A__A
1442A Walnut St., #62     BITNET: bmug@ucbgare              |()|
Berkeley, CA  94709       Phone: (415) 549-2684             |  |