[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] VESA?

vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com (venu.p.gopal) (12/06/90)

In article <1990Dec3.213721.6664@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, fenger@buster.uucp (Steven V Fenger) writes:
> In article <1990Dec3.054946.28099@beach.csulb.edu> sichermn@beach.csulb.edu (Jeff Sicherman) writes:
> >In article <1990Dec3.025914.23319@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> fenger@buster.uucp (Steven V Fenger) writes:
> >>[My previous acticle about new VESA 1280x1024 standards deleted]
> >
> > About a month ago I saw a Brady book on Super VGA which proports to include
> >information on the VESA standard. Does anyone know if it could have been
> >complete and official long enough ago to be in a book currently out ?
> >
> >Jeff Sicherman
!
! I doubt that the 1280x1024 VESA standards are published yet, they were
! just agreed upon.  The book most likely contains the previous VESA
! standards for 640x480 (256 colors) and 800x600 (16 colors) screens.

VESA must have a published standard, the VESA driver for VUIMAGE GIF/TIFF
viewer lists this as a supported video mode (if available in card).

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!cbnewsc!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@cbnewsc.att.com