[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] what is a trinitron tube anyway?

gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) (12/18/90)

i have heard of sony trinitron tubes. i heard they have 1 electron
gun, are cylender shaped. i have seen really old sony tvs that
say trinitron. what is it?
how can a color monitor work with only one gun?
is it a lot better than a normal tube? i am planning to but a monitor.
i am considering a seiko cm1440, which has a trinitron tube.
it costs about $250 more than any cheap monitors. is it the same as
any cheap monitor, or is there anything better about it?
gwoho liu

cma5_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Chin) (12/18/90)

In article <1990Dec17.231315.8701@nntp-server.caltech.edu> gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) writes:
>i have heard of sony trinitron tubes. i heard they have 1 electron
>gun, are cylender shaped. i have seen really old sony tvs that
>say trinitron. what is it?
>how can a color monitor work with only one gun?
>is it a lot better than a normal tube? i am planning to but a monitor.
>i am considering a seiko cm1440, which has a trinitron tube.
>it costs about $250 more than any cheap monitors. is it the same as
>any cheap monitor, or is there anything better about it?
>gwoho liu

I don't know the technical specification of Trinitron, but I do know that
Trinitron is better than regular monitors.

I am using a Seiko on my 386 clone, and I have a PS/2 Model 70. The Seiko is much better: more colorful, sharper images ...

If you have access to old PC Magazines, try to find Seiko's adv on Sept. or Oct.1989. The ad had some pictures explaining why Trinitron is better.

Chin
--
cma5_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu