[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] 24pin dot matrix printer reliability

muir@convex.com (David Muir) (12/20/90)

In <4839@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> gchin@ssf.Eng.Sun.COM (Gary Chin) writes:

>I am looking for a reliable 24pin dot matrix printer.
>If you are using one, please send me your opinion on
>the reliability and satisfaction of the model you
>are using.  Also include the manufacturer and model
>number.  Thank you.

>Gary

I can highly recommend the Panasonic KXP1524.  I have been using the printer
for over three years without any problems at all.  I am not sure if the
1524 model is still available, but the KXP1624 is basically the same printer
with some additional functionality.  The 1524 and 1624 are both wide
carriage
printers, and have an active printing area of 13.5 inches.  Both of these
printers are available in a narrow carriage version.

The 2 year warranty is also nice.

Regards
* Dave *