[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Memory cards that use SIMMS???

toddc@.TV.TEK.COM (Todd Carlson) (12/14/90)

With the technology getting out of the use of RAM in a DIP
package, it would be a lot more convenient to use an expandable
memory card that employs 1 Mbyte SIMMS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A MEMORY CARD THAT USES 1 Meg SIMMS??????

Todd Carlson
toddc@amati.TV.TEK.COM                     "He May be wrong,
Computer Resources Coordinator              but he's never in doubt."
TV Division, Tektronix Inc.                      -K.L. Jones

johnk@telxon.uucp (John E. Kabat Jr.) (12/14/90)

In article <1271@amati.TV.TEK.COM> toddc@amati.TV.TEK.COM (Todd Carlson) writes:
>With the technology getting out of the use of RAM in a DIP
>package, it would be a lot more convenient to use an expandable
>memory card that employs 1 Mbyte SIMMS.
>
>DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A MEMORY CARD THAT USES 1 Meg SIMMS??????

Todd,
The following may be what U want:

JE1085 32MB memory card
256/1mb/4mb simms 100ns or 120 ns (<10mhz)
EMS 4.0 software only
$229.95

JAMECO ELECTRONICS
1355 Shoreway Rd.
Belmont CA, 94002
415-592-8097

I have dealt with them and its good stuff.

#include <std.disclamer>

John E. Kabat Jr.    <|> ...!uunet!telxon!teleng!johnk <|> johnk@telxon.uucp.uu.net
Telxon Corporation   <|>
Akron, Ohio, 44313   <|>
(216) 867-3700 (3554)<|>

In article <1271@amati.TV.TEK.COM> toddc@amati.TV.TEK.COM (Todd Carlson) writes:
>With the technology getting out of the use of RAM in a DIP
>package, it would be a lot more convenient to use an expandable
>memory card that employs 1 Mbyte SIMMS.
>
>DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A MEMORY CARD THAT USES 1 Meg SIMMS??????

  Any particular bus you have in mind? For the ISA bus I would just as
soon use a grumgy old $100 8MB card and DRAM. The chips are cheaper, the
card is cheaper, and since I have 8MB on the M.B. and can only use 16 on
the AT bus the size is fine.

  No idea where to get EISA.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX