[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] good--best motherboard!

leol@cat4.cs.wisc.edu (Leo Lim) (12/19/90)

	Hello, everybody!
I would like to upgrade(replace) my Mylex 386-25(ISA).
I am still considering about EISA/ISA motherboard.
Does anyone have information about good motherboards?
I don't know which one is good, Mylex or Micronix, AMI etc.....??? :-(

Any info is REALLY appreciated!!
THANKS++;

=== Leo Martin Lim ===

tok@stbimbo.UUCP (Terry Kane) (12/21/90)

leol@cat4.cs.wisc.edu (Leo Lim) writes:

>I would like to upgrade(replace) my Mylex 386-25(ISA).
>I am still considering about EISA/ISA motherboard.
>Does anyone have information about good motherboards?
>I don't know which one is good, Mylex or Micronix, AMI etc.....??? :-(

Well, I don't know about Mylex or Micronix, but I can tell you to avoid DTK
at all costs.  I can also tell you that AMI's Mark IV (Screamer) 386-33
motherboard hauls ass.  P.S. it is upgradable to 486 with a daughter board.
So, take the bitchin' 386 now, and when the 486 price reaches earth, upgrade!

It uses write back cache to reach 8.3 "mips", can have 64k or 256k cache,
accepts up to 64 meg 80ns memory on board, and has 2 8-bit, 6 16-bit slots.
EISA costs too much for what it's worth right now.  Skip EISA!