[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Cheap non-multisync 1024x768 monitors

dbeeman@schof.colorado.edu (David Beeman) (12/04/90)

I've seen a lot of ads lately (Swan, PC Brand, FastData) for analog
non-multisync monitors for around $399.  They claim to be able to display
1024x768 (interlaced) images, as well as VGA, but there is no mention of
whether or not they also display 800x600 SVGA.  Has anyone out there had any
experience with one of these?  I'd particularly like to hear from someone
who has the "Swan 1024" (not the Swan multisync).  Does it support all the
modes available with the Swan 1MB SVGA card?  Is it 8514/A compatible?  What
other modes does it support?  Can it handle EGA and CGA modes with a VGA or
SVGA card?  What do you think of the picture quality?  What is the diagonal
screen image size?  Is it an honest 14"?

I'll summarize and post any useful info about inexpensive monitors in this
category, as I suspect that others are intrigued by the low price, but are
a little suspicious of monitors which are not multisyncing.

Thanks for any help -- dbeeman@boulder.colorado.edu

genesis@kk4fs.UUCP (Genesis) (12/21/90)

I recently bought the PanaSync C1381 Monitor,full vga,svvga,8514/A
compatibility for 349.00!I use a SuperVGA by Boca card with one meg on
board-I sudgest this for you!The board cost 145(with one meg!) from
PC-Connection.5 year warranty with a nbame behind it!

wilken@plains.NoDak.edu (Scott Wilken) (12/22/90)

In article <8moHu1w163w@kk4fs.UUCP> genesis@kk4fs.UUCP (Genesis) writes:
>I recently bought the PanaSync C1381 Monitor,full vga,svvga,8514/A

I also own one of these monitors, and am happy with it.  For a .28 dot
pitch monitor, and assuming you shop around for a good price, you cant
go wrong.  Unfortunately Genesis, the author of the original message was
looking for a non-multisync monitor.  The C1381 is a multisync.

Scott

--
                      Internet:  wilken@plains.nodak.edu
                         UUCP:  ..!uunet!plains!wilken

anon@rouge.usl.edu (Anonymous NNTP Posting) (12/23/90)

In article <8moHu1w163w@kk4fs.UUCP> genesis@kk4fs.UUCP (Genesis) writes:
>I recently bought the PanaSync C1381 Monitor,full vga,svvga,8514/A
>compatibility for 349.00!I use a SuperVGA by Boca card with one meg on
>board-I sudgest this for you!The board cost 145(with one meg!) from
>PC-Connection.5 year warranty with a nbame behind it!

	I was looking at buying a Panasync myself,  since I like Panasonic
products so much ( I have had a few of thier printers as well as stereo equip-
ment). How does the monitor look?  Did you buy it at the same place as the
video card?  Can you find Super Vga drivers for the Boca Card(eg Windows, Lotus,
WordPerfect) ?
John Joubert                                      |  /\  |    /\    |     _
Internet: pabres13@pc.usl.edu                     |  \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|