[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Is there a new pc 586?

wangf@chilko.ucs.ubc.ca (Frank Wang) (12/20/90)

 I was told a new generation of pc IBM 586 was born.  But I couldn't find
 anything from pc magazines.  Can someone out there say something about it?

ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) (12/20/90)

In article <1990Dec20.072225.9937@unixg.ubc.ca> wangf@chilko.ucs.ubc.ca (Frank Wang) writes:

> I was told a new generation of pc IBM 586 was born.  But I couldn't find
> anything from pc magazines.  Can someone out there say something about it?
-------------------------------
I just read an article yesterday about the 586. Sounds like Intel is still
designing the chip. If people are talking about selling a 586 computer,
I'd say we've hit a new high (low??) in "vapor-ware".
			-ted-

ted@helios.ucsc.edu |"He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the
W (408)459-2110     |Lord require of you but to do justice and to love kindness
H (408)423-2444     |and to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8 (RSV)

In article <10283@darkstar.ucsc.edu> ted@helios.ucsc.edu (Ted Cantrall) writes:
| In article <1990Dec20.072225.9937@unixg.ubc.ca> wangf@chilko.ucs.ubc.ca (Frank Wang) writes:
| >
| > I was told a new generation of pc IBM 586 was born.  But I couldn't find
| > anything from pc magazines.  Can someone out there say something about it?
| I just read an article yesterday about the 586. Sounds like Intel is still
| designing the chip. If people are talking about selling a 586 computer,
| I'd say we've hit a new high (low??) in "vapor-ware".

  We may have namespace corruption here... there is an ethernet card
called PC586. I believe it has just been upgraded. Is this the cause of
the confusion?
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX