[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Colorado Memory Systems Jumbo 250 Tape drive

a939@mindlink.UUCP (James O'Flynn) (12/24/90)

> spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <S8M^C+$@rpi.edu>
>
> Org.  : RPI CS Dept.
> Person: Kevin Spier
>
> Does anybody know anything about this tape drive. I just saw it
> advertised for the first time and it looks quite impressive. It
> seems to sell for about $60 more than the Jumbo 120 and the tapes
> cost about the same. If anyone has any info on this please e-mail me.
> I am looking to purchase a tape drive and this seems to be a very
> good deal. Thanks in advance.
>
> Kevin L. Spier
> spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu
> Kevin L. Spier
> spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu

Well it is a very good tape drive for the money.  It is almost identical to the
Jumbo 120.  The only thing is it has a few more built in chips to allow 250MB
capacity instead of 120MB.  It uses the same tapes as the Jumbo 120 and runs at
the same speed.  I just hate formatting tapes, takes close to 2 hours!

James
+ James O'Flynn@mindlink.UUCP          Vancouver, B.C. Canada +
+ !uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a939    Voice: (604) 879-3485  +
+ a939@mindlink.UUCP                   Fax:   (604) 876-8779  +
+   __                                 Blitzkrieg!            +
+  /..\                                -The Underestimated    +
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed herein are STRICTLY my own,
            you can't have them.

spierk@turing.cs.rpi.edu (Kevin Spier) (12/24/90)