[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Joystick emulation of mouse controls . . .

cs161fhn@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Dennis Lou) (01/04/91)

In article <4927@lure.latrobe.edu.au> TSPHA@lure.latrobe.edu.au writes:
>I've been waiting for a solution to a question that I have seen raised
>time and time again regarding the emulation of a mouse with a joystick.
>
>It may be a crude way of doing things, but sometimes it is just "what the
>Doctor ordered."
>
>I've seen programmes to use a mouse to emulate the keypad.  Has anyone
>seen a program(me) to emulate a mouse with a joystick?  I don't expect
>there to be a public domain program(me), but I've seen neither a shareware
>nor commercial package to do the job.

Several years ago, there existed a program called PMM (shareware),
otherwise known as "Poor Man's Mouse".

Good luck finding it.

--
Dennis Lou               | "But Yossarian, what if everyone thought that way?"
dlou@ucsd.edu            | "Then I'd be crazy to think any other way!"

TSPHA@lure.latrobe.edu.au (01/04/91)

I've been waiting for a solution to a question that I have seen raised
time and time again regarding the emulation of a mouse with a joystick.

It may be a crude way of doing things, but sometimes it is just "what the
Doctor ordered."

I've seen programmes to use a mouse to emulate the keypad.  Has anyone
seen a program(me) to emulate a mouse with a joystick?  I don't expect
there to be a public domain program(me), but I've seen neither a shareware
nor commercial package to do the job.

Thanks.

HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .

TSPHA@lure.latrobe.edu.au (01/04/91)

In article <4927@lure.latrobe.edu.au>, TSPHA@lure.latrobe.edu.au writes:

[SKIP MESSAGE]
> Thanks.
>
> HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .  HA . . .

HA, HA, HA is *NOT* a joke!  You may notice the intials HA in the USERNAME!
Unfortunate, but true!

Thanks . . . . .

frank@cavebbs.gen.nz (Frank van der Hulst) (01/06/91)

In article <4927@lure.latrobe.edu.au> TSPHA@lure.latrobe.edu.au writes:
>I've been waiting for a solution to a question that I have seen raised
>time and time again regarding the emulation of a mouse with a joystick.
>
>I've seen programmes to use a mouse to emulate the keypad.  Has anyone
>seen a program(me) to emulate a mouse with a joystick?  I don't expect
>there to be a public domain program(me), but I've seen neither a shareware
>nor commercial package to do the job.

I've written just such a program, and it is PD. I don't know how to make it
available via Usenet, but it is available on a number of NZ BBS's as
JOYOUS.ZIP.

Frank.