[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Trident 16-bit SuperVGA Card

kap@eng.cam.ac.uk (Kevin A.Price) (01/07/91)

What do you know about the Trident 16-bit SuperVGA.

Is it well supported?
Is there anything that I should know?
Is it a good buy or a good-bye?

Thanks in advance.

Kev
e-mail kap@eng.cam.ac.uk

tok@stiatl.UUCP (Terry Kane) (01/08/91)

kap@eng.cam.ac.uk (Kevin A.Price) writes:

>What do you know about the Trident 16-bit SuperVGA.

>Is it well supported?
>Is there anything that I should know?
>Is it a good buy or a good-bye?

>Thanks in advance.

>Kev
>e-mail kap@eng.cam.ac.uk

Well, I recently got an OEM version of the latest/greatest Trident
8916 EVGA card - 1 meg, jumper for 48-49 khz h.refresh, and it is
doing just fine; only a small problem with OS/2 PM desktop refresh
after full screen OS/2 command sessions - and they're sending me a soft
fix for it.

My card is an "Image Sharpener"; my price was US$139.

I think it's just as good as the Sigma Legend used by some folks here
at work.  It's plenty fast for me, and Trident's bulletin board keeps
me in updated drivers.

(Best price locally for the Sigma card w/1meg is over US$300!!!!)

david.deitch@gisatl.FIDONET.ORG (David Deitch) (01/11/91)

What is the BBS number?

     David Deitch (GIS)
          deitch@gisatl.fidonet.org
               1:133/411@fidonet
                    18:716/411@keshernet

David Deitch - via FidoNet node 1:133/411
UUCP: galbp!gisatl!david.deitch
INTERNET: david.deitch@gisatl.FIDONET.ORG