[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] AMI MB

medici@dorm.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) (01/16/91)

ries@venice.SEDD.TRW.COM (Marc Ries) writes:

>Does anyone have any comments on the AMI MK 386-33 "Screamer"
>motherboard that is convertable to an i486?  Does anybody know
>what if the i486 upgrade is 25/33Mh?  Does anybody know the
>best "street" prices?  Does anybody care? 8-)

I've not looked at the 486 upgrade, but the 386/33MHz motherboard
is great.  It is very fast, and hasn't shown any problems with
anything I've run on it, including NW386 3.1 for a short time.

I bought the mboard from Clyde Washburn Consulting in upstate NY.
They had the lowest price at the time (I believe they still do)
for a board w/4MB installed.  Clyde has been an AMI distributor
for a while, is active on CompuServe (you can email him through
the Internet <-> CompuServe gateway), and really stands behind
his products.  Phone: 716/248-3627

PS: I have no interest in these organizations other than as a
    very satisfied customer.
Mark Medici ** Systems Programmer III * Rutgers University Computing Services
medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu * medici@cancer.BITNET * !rutgers!elbereth!medici
My opinions are not necessarily my employers'. *Reality is context-sensitive.