[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Buying a 386 machine

peng@cs.umn.edu (Lim Ee Peng) (01/16/91)

I intend to get a 386 of the following configuration

	33MHz, 4 MB RAM, Multi-IO, VGA card

I am the following questions in mind and may be some of you can give
me valuable advice on them.

	1. Is the above machine too powerful for ordinally business
	application?

	2. What is the reasonable price I should be looking for?

	3. What is best kind of hard disk that will match the speed of
	the CPU?

Thanks

Peng (peng@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu)
.

mark@diasonx.UUCP (Mark Quattrocchi) (01/17/91)

In article <1991Jan15.171833.20599@cs.umn.edu> peng@cs.umn.edu (Lim Ee Peng) writes:
>I intend to get a 386 of the following configuration
>
>	33MHz, 4 MB RAM, Multi-IO, VGA card
>
>Thanks
>Peng (peng@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu)

You should be able to get the following for $2000-2100. I bought this system
for $2499 in April. A friend just purchased the same system for $2049. Add
about $65 for each meg of ram extra.

33mhz CPU (AMI bios)
64k cache
1 meg