[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] 1.2Mb drive reads only 360Kb

LEVYJI@PURCCVM.BITNET (01/24/91)

First please clean your drive.  It is like cleaning behind your ears.  No one
likes to do it but we must.  Do you have norton utilities.  If you do try
typing DI A:  The DI is disk information.  It should tell you what your system
reads your drive as.  Also try NDD A:  Norton Disk Doctor will tell you what
it sees your a: drive as.  Don't run it completly.  Just do this to find out
if your computer thinks that you have a 1.2 or a 360.  If it tells you that
you have a 360, go back to the installation instructions.  Could you have
deleted a driver that tells your computer you have a 1.2.  Check your config.sy
s.  And yes, alas, it could be your battery.  Let's hope the battery is not
sodered to your motherboard.  Well I hope that these suggestions help.  If you
need more help, let me know...

Jeff

levyji@vm.cc.purdue.edu

bill@polygen.uucp (Bill Poitras) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan19.091818.382@debet.nhh.no> si8_jl17888@debet.nhh.no writes:
>I have recently experienced cartain problems with my trusty old A:
>drive. It is a standard 1.2 MB floppy.
>
>I have not cleaned the drive for at least 3 years.

This kind of spawns a joke from the "Doc, it hurts when I do this..."

Usenet, I haven't cleaned my floppy drive in three years, and it doesn't
work properly, what should I do.

Usenet: "Clean it!"