[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] light for super duper turbo speed.

gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) (02/01/91)

i just installed a tmc880 scsi controller in my at clone thing.
about 30 min after i installed it and turned it on, the turbo light
thing turned off and stayed off. i know that the turbo/normal feature
is still working. i know the led is still working. why would this
happen? i tried removing the card. doesn't help.
did something for the light just randomly fail right after i put
in the new card. all else seems to be fine.
thankyou in advance.
gwoho liu.

cd5340@mars.njit.edu (Charlap) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.192518.24134@nntp-server.caltech.edu> gwoho@nntp-server.caltech.edu (g liu) writes:
>i just installed a tmc880 scsi controller in my at clone thing.
>about 30 min after i installed it and turned it on, the turbo light
>thing turned off and stayed off. i know that the turbo/normal feature
>is still working. i know the led is still working. why would this
>happen? i tried removing the card. doesn't help.
>did something for the light just randomly fail right after i put
>in the new card. all else seems to be fine.
>thankyou in advance.
>gwoho liu.

Try testing the LED with your favorite meter.  It may have blown.  It
happens occasionally to computers.  If you still go in and out of
turbo mode correctly, though, does it really matter?  Also, did you
check to see if all the front-panel wires are securely attached to your
motherboard and in the correct place.  One may have been jarred loose
while installing your new controller.