[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Internet dial-out

timur@seas.gwu.edu (The Time Traveler) (02/09/91)

In article <21512@hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:
>Something that I foind interesting, is that IBM DOES have a BBS, and yes,
>DOS Patches ARE available on it. It's mainly for PC user group administrators,
>but is also open to the public. Since it is (or was once called) the IBM PC
>Regional Support Center BBS, then I suppose that there may be other BBS
>similar to this one in other parts of the country.
>
>It's here in Atlanta. The local number is 404-835-6600, and the Sysop is
>Wyn Easton. The board has turned almost exclusively OS/2, but DOS

Is there an anoymous/guest telnet site near there which has dial-out modem,
so that I can call the BBS without having to pay long-distance charges?

wilken@plains.NoDak.edu (Scott Wilken) (02/09/91)

In article <2694@sparko.gwu.edu> timur@seas.gwu.edu () writes:

>Is there an anoymous/guest telnet site near there which has dial-out modem,
>so that I can call the BBS without having to pay long-distance charges?

Yeah right....   Is there someone out there who is stupid enought to let me
come in from a line, someone who he has never seen, nor could possibly have a
clue to, and give him access to an outside telephone line?

In your dreams....

Scott
--
                      Internet:  wilken@plains.nodak.edu