[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Phoenix BIOS in 386es

jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) (02/12/91)

I have a Micronics 386-33 MB with the Phoenix BIOS (1.10a I believe) and it
does not have support for a user-definable drive type.  There are no
entries for the Conner CPD3204 (211MB)....any way to get around this
WITHOUT using DMDRVR.BIN or SpeedStor and what not?  I'm running Windows,
and don't want to VirtualHDIrq=OFF in my SYSTEM.INI....

brian

rcollins@altos86.Altos.COM (Robert Collins) (02/14/91)

In article <26854@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jdb@reef.cis.ufl.edu (Brian K. W. Hook) writes:

>I have a Micronics 386-33 MB with the Phoenix BIOS (1.10a I believe) and it
>does not have support for a user-definable drive type.  There are no

Try using MR-BIOS.  It will outperform Phoenix (hands-down), and will support
user-definable drive types.  Depending on the Micronics board you have,
he probably has one for it.  I have a Micronics 386-33 using MR-BIOS.

MR-BIOS:  408-395-4096

--
"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."  Mat. 4:10
Robert Collins                 UUCP:  ...!sun!altos86!rcollins