[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] Adaptec 1542B's floppy part

glenn@cs.utexas.edu (Glenn G. Lai) (02/08/91)

I bought an Adaptec 1542B to replace a Perstor 180-16F controller.  I used to
be able to change disks at will; however, using the same floppy cables, I'm
now forced to type CTRL-C (which is annoying).   Is this the way the Adaptec
1542B is supposed to work?

Glenn
glenn@cs.utexas.edu

bob@ns.UUCP (Bob Mathias) (02/14/91)

In article <179@sahara.cs.utexas.edu> glenn@cs.utexas.edu (Glenn G. Lai) writes:
>I bought an Adaptec 1542B to replace a Perstor 180-16F controller.  I used to
>be able to change disks at will; however, using the same floppy cables, I'm
>now forced to type CTRL-C (which is annoying).   Is this the way the Adaptec
>1542B is supposed to work?

We use the Adaptec 1542A & 1542B and we do not have the problem you mentioned.
It  might be your cable, but I would first check out all the jumpers on the
Adaptec.

--
Bob Mathias                          uucp: ...!uunet!ccicpg!uis-oc!ns.UUCP!bob
Unisys Corporation                   CServ: 70340,165