[comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware] IBM CGA Color Monitor Cable Pinouts

tester@cmcl2.nyu.edu (L Testerville) (02/19/91)

<Note: if you want to skip the sob story and get to the chaste, read the
 last paragraph>

 Recently my 386 was stolen.  Seems the perp(s) knew what they were doing
because they left the CGA monitor but MINUS the connector.   I suppose
they couldn't be bothered with actually unscrewing the connectors as
that would waste time (and possibly have given me the chance to
introduce the person(s) to my friends: Smith and Wesson ;-)

 Well, now I have a IBM CGA monitor, but no video connector.  My
associate was kind enough to give me the connector from a broken
monochrome monitor, but sure enough, the wiring colors do not match.  I
don't expect that they would be compatible even if they did match.

Does anyone know the proper wire-color to pin-out for an IBM CGA monitor
connector?

Thanks,

 \\Lee
thx1138@nyu.edu